Thursday, September 23, 2010

Facebook is down....

....so I may as well BLOG! I haven't written anything in awhile. I think I've been going through so many changes that writing about them has seemed daunting. I guess I should start.

I'm really getting my dose of city life from my summer in Beantown to a year in winey Bordeaux. I have been noting the similarities and differences and impressions I have. I was initially very surprised by the similarities of the two cities. Bordeaux is rather like Boston in the way of charm. Aesthetic of architecture and design seems to be important to Bostonians as well as Bordelians. At the same time, life is a little quieter, softer, bright and more relaxed here on little rue de Strasbourg. If you stand on some of the streets, even in Bordeaux Centre, there are moments in the afternoon when not a sound can be heard except perhaps a car in the distance or the radio trickling out from someone's open window.

I wonder what city is in my distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment