Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saint-Jean-de-Luz


Louis XIV, the King who created the magnificent château of Versailles, was married ti Marie-Thérèse in this church in Saint-Jean-de-Luz!

Crazy golden retable

Lauricy cat

Add caption



I find the clergyman's face to be so beautiful. I can't believe an artist can get that kind of resemblance of humanity from a block of wood.


Ceiling was my favorite part.



The adorable and surprisingly narrow Hotel de Ville of Saint-Jean-de-Luz.


This was the Louis XIV house, but I didn't get to go inside because it was closed :(

Hello there, nubby trees!



Oh my gosh was it raining and windy that day. If you walk to the right for a quarter of a mile you find the actual beach. I tried to take a picture, but the wind was blowing the rain so hard that I feared my camera might be harmed. I'll just have to go back:)

No comments:

Post a Comment