Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Class today

So, I'm taking this class on the history of portraiture and today I was in my T.D class which stands for "travaux dirigé", or in english, directed work. Pretty explains itself. Well, it is a level 3 class, the final year of classes for the equivalent of an american B.A. degree and it is well hard.

I'm quite into the whole painting portraits thing myself and well, learning the history of my passion is intellectually rewarding :) Big smiles! Hmm...but today, the professor rattled off the title, artist, dimensions and dates of over 35 paintings IN FRENCH! I must say it was quite hard to follow.

I am doing an exposé, an oral presentation, on the work Les Ambassadeurs by Holbein in two weeks. Everyone knows how I am with oral presentations. Its kind of funny right now. With each passing day it is destined to become less and less and funny and increasingly terrifying. Something to really look forward to.


I will share a little more about the double portrait once I study it a little more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment