Monday, January 17, 2011

Le Samovar

There is this tea place that I like to go to called Le Samovar. If you didn't already know, a samovar is kind of like the little electric tea kettles everyone at college except that older ones exist that are made of metal and run on coal. They are very beautifully strange looking contraptions.

Anyway, there are many little details that I love about Le Samovar. One of the first things is the door. There is no door knob and it feels strangely refreshing and inviting, for some reason, to just push on the door to enter the salon. The second thing I love about this place are the "Où est Charlie?" (i.e. Where is Waldo french style) books that they have for me to enjoy. Okay there are too many things that I really love so I'm just going to list them off.

I also love that the sugar comes in a salt-like shaker thing. I like shaking my sugar.

It's one of the only cafés I've found where I can sit for long long periods of time without having to keep reordering stuff or without feeling like everyone wants me to get the shazam out of there. And then I love love love love love that they have ukulele lessons and ukulele nights where I can come about and listen to a wonderful man and his daughter play music and sing together. And how about a photo? I have so many to add.


No comments:

Post a Comment