Friday, January 8, 2010

Day Four

 
Today was not all that intriguing in the sense that I didn't get to go outside as much as I would have liked. I spent the morning finishing my sculpture which turned out really great. I made a long necklace out of plant stems and cattail fuzzzz and hung it on this amazing old tree trunk.



In the afternoon I began working on a drawing due tomorrow about patterns in nature. We had to take about a dozen photographs of patterns that interested us from the outside world. Then we were to choose three or four to layer in a drawing. I took three pictures of a section of soil zooming in a little closer with each shot. I'll have a picture of it up later tomorrow.

For my next project, I am thinking about making a pair of very large earrings to hang on a tree...jewelry for nature. Man, I am enjoying being here and just being able to focus on art. Well, this was a short one...I'll be sure to share more tomorrow :) :) :)

To end, here is a cool Indian sculpture made from sheets of metal!



VIDEO

2 comments:

  1. Hello Color Me Cameron,

    And yes it is the most glorious sound. Natural Jewelry for nature. A wonderful cycle. Your sculpture looked amazing. I love the little fuzz tentacles.

    ReplyDelete