Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day Seven Day Eight Day Nine

 
I've had a little dip in energy both creative and physical so excuse me for not posting very much these past few days. Today has been rather slow as well. I needed a chance to recoup and get my act back together. I ran/walked this afternoon and I ran into these two yellow lab puppies. They always meet me and end up running with me. Yesterday, they ran almost six miles with me!! I love them. It is nice to know they will be waiting for me.

I haven't been too happy with my last two drawings mostly because I wasn't fully excited about them so I didn't formulate and carry out my ideas as well as I hoped. I will post some pictures a little later.

Right now I am working on a volumetric sculpture out of poop and mud...kind of gross, but it will be awesome if it works. I gathered a bunch of poop in the field and added mud/dirt and put them both in a bag. I absolutely love the feeling of the mud here. It is very smooth and malleable so it feels almost like clay, thus the idea for my poop/mud sculpture. When I got back to the ranch I added very hot water to the bag and started mushing it all together. I'm going to let it soak through lunch and see what happens. I am hoping the poop will get soft....ew right?

It is difficult to be here with all of these young aspiring artists. There is definitely competition going on whether stated or not. I think it is a good thing, but it is hard to keep myself level headed and putting my best effort forward. I'm experiencing a lot of self doubt. The dynamic certainly is not super competitive and aggressive which is good. I see the it more as a mode of building off of other artists' successes and failures. It is a good opportunity for me and everyone else.

That is all for now except some pictures.

Shadow work



Right as the sun finally rises up over the mountains, there is this initial moment of intense illumination.



Almost all the snow is melted now, but I saw a distinct fetus in the snow...do you?

2 comments:

  1. Hello Color Me Cameron,

    It's nice to hear from you again. Stay strong! I hope that some artistic inspiration will come your way. Your poop mud combination sounded really gross. Maybe you can turn lead into gold somehow. The last picture looks like a bunny sky diving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some say there is no such thing as originality. We build everything off of what has gone before. It's your subjective creative perspective that makes it unique.

    I think its a baby bird struggling to get out of his shell.

    ReplyDelete